As a business owner, you are constantly looking for ways to reduce costs while maintaining the functionality and safety of your facilities. One area where you can achieve significant cost savings and benefits is with the use of an experienced, certified commercial electrician.
In this blog, we look at how you can reduce risks, avoid losses and enjoy cost savings, amongst other benefits, as a business owner when working with a certified commercial electrician like Waterman Electrical.
Commercial Electrician Service Benefits
These are the benefits that we believe experienced commercial electricians will bring to your business:
- Reduced energy costs: A commercial electrician can help identify and address energy inefficiencies in a business, leading to lower energy bills.
- Increased safety: A certified electrician will ensure that all electrical systems are properly installed and maintained, reducing the risk of fire or other hazards.
- Improved equipment performance: Regular maintenance and repairs by a commercial electrician can help extend the life of your equipment and keep it running at peak performance.
- Compliance with regulations: An experienced electrician will be familiar with all local and national electrical codes and regulations, ensuring that your business is in compliance.
- Reduced downtime: With regular maintenance and prompt repairs, a commercial electrician can help minimize downtime and keep the business running smoothly.
- Professional service: A certified electrician will have the training and experience necessary to provide high-quality, professional service.
- Future-proofing: An experienced electrician can also help a business owner plan and prepare for future electrical needs, such as expanding the business or upgrading equipment.
Waterman Electrical is renowned in Adelaide as not merely an electrical services company, but as a service provider that is laser-focused on providing services that will help your business thrive.
One of the biggest benefits of working with a certified commercial electrician is the cost savings that can be achieved. When working with Waterman, our focus on the impact of services and outcomes on your bottom line always amplifies this benefit.
An experienced electrician will have the knowledge and expertise to identify and resolve any issues quickly and efficiently, reducing the need for costly repairs and replacements.
Additionally, a commercial electrician will be able to recommend energy-efficient solutions that can help lower your energy bills and reduce your carbon footprint which compounds into massive savings over the years.
Safety And Compliance
Another important benefit of working with a certified commercial electrician is the assurance that your electrical systems will be safe and compliant with all relevant regulations. An experienced electrician will be able to identify any potential hazards and take the necessary steps to address them, reducing the risk of electrical fires or other accidents.
Electrical work in commercial scenarios exposes the contractor to risks such as electric shock, explosion, fire, and release of toxic gases and contaminants. Because of these risks, it is important to engage experienced commercial electricians i.e. not residential-only electricians or new kids on the block. These risks are also present to any other people on site when commercial electrical work is being done.
With up to forty per cent of fires being caused by electrical faults in Australia, it is of critical importance that you use an appropriately qualified and experienced electrical contractor. The impact on your business and the lives of your staff will be devastating in the event of a fire.
In addition, if it is ascertained that an inappropriately trained or skilled contractor was used on your site, then there may be a risk to the payout of your insurance.
A full list of hazards is as follows:
- Electric shock: This can occur if electrical systems are not properly grounded or if there are exposed wires or other hazards.
- Electrical burns: Improperly maintained electrical equipment can become overheated, leading to burns or fire.
- Power outages: Faulty electrical systems can lead to power outages, which can disrupt business operations and cause data loss.
- Explosion hazards: if electrical systems are not properly installed, it can lead to a potential explosion, especially if it is in a hazardous area or with flammable materials nearby.
- Electromagnetic interference: This can occur if electrical systems are not properly shielded, leading to interference with other electronic equipment.
- Safety hazards: Improperly installed or maintained electrical systems can also pose a safety hazard to employees and customers.
- Health hazards: exposure to faulty electrical systems can be hazardous to the health of employees.
Along with cost savings and safety, a certified commercial electrician can also help increase the productivity of your business. An experienced electrician will be able to identify and resolve any issues that may be causing delays or disruptions in your operations.
By keeping their pulse on the latest technology and equipment available internationally, an experienced commercial electrician will be able to recommend and implement solutions that can help improve the efficiency of your electrical systems, resulting in increased productivity for your business.
Productivity and the lifespan of equipment go hand-in-hand. Here is how a commercial electrician will add value to your assets and increase your return on investment:
- Inspecting equipment: The electrician can check for signs of wear or damage, such as frayed wires or loose connections, and repair or replace any components as needed.
- Cleaning equipment: Regular cleaning can help remove dirt and debris that can cause equipment to malfunction or overheat.
- Tightening connections: Loose connections can cause equipment to malfunction or fail. The electrician can check all connections and tighten them as needed.
- Testing equipment: The electrician can test all equipment to ensure it is functioning properly and make any necessary repairs or adjustments.
- Replacing worn parts: The electrician can replace worn or damaged parts to keep equipment running at peak performance.
- Conducting maintenance according to the manufacturer’s recommendations: The electrician can follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for regular maintenance to ensure the equipment is operating as it should.
- Providing preventive maintenance: The electrician can provide preventive maintenance to detect potential issues before they become bigger problems and cause equipment failure.
A commercial electrician can take several actions and steps to reduce downtime and keep a business running smoothly. These include:
- Providing scheduled maintenance: A commercial electrician can provide regular maintenance on electrical systems to identify and address potential issues before they cause downtime.
- Providing prompt repairs: If the equipment does fail, a commercial electrician can provide prompt repairs to minimize downtime.
- Offering 24/7 emergency service: A commercial electrician can offer 24/7 emergency service to address any issues that may arise outside of regular business hours.
- Providing remote monitoring: A commercial electrician can use remote monitoring to detect and address issues with the equipment before they cause downtime.
- Conducting regular safety audits: A commercial electrician can conduct regular safety audits to detect potential hazards and address them before they cause downtime.
The impact of unplanned downtime on businesses is far greater than the cost of maintenance as shown in these extracts from studies:
- The average cost of unplanned downtime is $260,000 per hour for large businesses and $8,000 per hour for small businesses (Aberdeen Group)
- Unplanned downtime can cause a loss of revenue, customers, and reputation (Gartner)
- 53% of downtime is caused by unplanned maintenance or equipment failure (Uptime Institute)
- Downtime can result in a loss of productivity, with an average of $20,000 per hour in lost productivity (Downtime Dashboard)
- The average cost of data loss caused by downtime is $1,800 per minute (Kaspersky)
By reducing downtime, a commercial electrician can help businesses save money and maintain productivity, while keeping the business running smoothly.
Future-Proofing Your Adelaide Business
A commercial electrician can take several actions and steps to help a business owner plan and prepare for future electrical needs.
Conducting An Electrical Audit
An electrician can conduct an audit of the business’s current electrical systems to identify areas that may need to be upgraded or expanded in the future.
Based on the audit, the electrician can provide recommendations for upgrades or expansions to the business’s electrical systems that will help prepare for future needs.
An experienced electrician can also advise on how to integrate new technologies into the electrical systems to meet the changing demands of the business. For example, many companies are now looking at renewable energy solutions, such as solar power and electric vehicle charging stations. An electrician can help in the planning and implementation of these solutions, which can help the business save money on energy costs and increase sustainability.
Projecting Future Technological Needs
An experienced electrician can also help project what future technology will demand of the existing electrical systems, and how the systems can be set up now to meet that future need. For example, a business owner may be planning to install a new type of equipment in the future that may require more power or different types of electrical connections than the current systems can support. An electrician can help plan for these changes in advance, so the business is prepared when the new equipment is installed.
The Final Sparky Thought
Working with a certified commercial electrician can provide significant cost savings, safety and business benefits to business owners throughout Adelaide. With their knowledge and expertise, they can help you resolve any issues quickly and efficiently, while also ensuring that your electrical systems are safe, performing at their peak, compliant with all relevant regulations and future-proofed.
At Waterman Electrical, we’re here to help you thrive, and provide you with the best service possible.